12 week course – $5000
Canine Design Grooming School provides a 12 week course in basic all-breed pet grooming with emphasis on safety, service, and excellence.
All course sections include:
- text and written work
- majority of time spent with hands-on learning
- no more than two students are usually scheduled to be working at the same level
- 2-4 hours reading and written work
- testing as well as proficiency testing in practical skills with equipment
- must successfully complete 20 solo grooms
All students are expected to have:
- current medical insurance and tetanus vaccinations
- pass an interview process and background check
- tools and text books on the required list prior to commencement
- maintain confidentiality of all clients and all Canine Design employees
Any student wishing to work successive weeks on specialized areas of competency may make arrangements to do so for an additional amount that would be determined at that time. Students are encouraged to attend outside activities such as dog shows, trade shows, and grooming competitions to gain proficiency in other areas of grooming.
Students will be allowed to groom their own dogs (one grooming session per dog) as part of fulfilling their course requirements. If the style of the haircut changes, then the dog may be used more than one time. Cats will not be a required item in the curriculum. Only those students wishing to groom cats will be asked to do so.
Any student not meeting course requirements by course end may choose to complete successive weeks training in specialized areas at additional cost that would be determined at that time.
Equipment is $1,500 or less. $1000 of the total due in fees is a non refundable deposit.